INGLIS THORBURN GARDEN DESIGN
Garden design, Planting design, Planting plans, Plant supply, Planting services, Garden restoration, Garden maintenance, Garden design Scotland, Garden design Angus, Garden design Perthshire, Garden design Fife, Garden design Tayside, Garden design Aberdeenshire, Garden services
AWARD WINNING GARDEN DESIGNER RHS QUALIFIED
Although every garden will differ from the next there is generally a standard design process that applies to most projects;
1. Consultation. An initial visit to the client’s garden/site will enable me to both understand the client’s wishes and requirements and get a sense of the place and it’s potential. From this visit a written brief is compiled which forms the basis for further discussion. This initial visit is usually free depending on distance from my studio (travel expenses may be applicable).
2. Site survey. Depending on the size and complexity of the garden/site a full topographical survey will be carried out by either myself or surveyors.
3. Sketch/Concept proposals. Based on information gained from the two initial design stages (consultation and survey) I develop my design concepts and proposals. I present these to the client as a plan view, concept/mood boards and sketch visuals.
4. Detailed proposals/Master Plan. Once the sketch/concept proposals have been discussed and further development of the design, I prepare plans and drawings in sufficient detail to enable the building and planting of the garden/landscape.
5. Detailing. This involves construction drawings, materials selections, planting plans etc.
6. Tendering. I provide a set of construction drawings to contractors tendering to build the project. I can advise on selection of contractor if required. Alternatively, projects could be carried out using labour directly sourced by the client.
6. Project supervision. Once the construction stage has begun I inspect all work being carried out to ensure quality realisation. After the project is completed I can remain as an advisor to help the garden mature as desired.
FEES. The above is a general guide to the full design process, all stages of which may not be necessary for your project. Once I have visited your site for the initial consultation I will provide an estimate of design costs based on factors such as size and complexity of the garden and services required.
OTHER SERVICES. Garden restoration. Planting design, sourcing, supply and planting. Garden styling and accessorising. Interior landscaping (planting for offices etc). Garden maintenance. Garden maintenance plans and advice, ‘Kerb Appeal’ service; a quick makeover of your front garden to improve first impressions when selling your property.
© Inglis Thorburn 2013